Indian Government Railways starts 200 special trains from 1st Jun 2020. Charting, boarding rules you must know
Two Special Trains for Coimbatore from 1st Jun 2020.
Indian Railways has started running a pair of 100 trains from today - 1st Jun 2020, after a gap of over two months due to coronavirus lockdown across India. Mahanagari Express, the first train among 200 special trains to start today, departed from Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus for Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. States such as Maharashtra have had their reservations regarding the opening of passenger trains, but last minute arrangements were made to run the special trains from their respective source stations.
Approved Trains List From Coimbatore to Katpadi
Train No : 02680/02679 Coimbatore to Katpadi and Katpadi to Coimbatore (Daily)
Start Time 6:15 am From Coimbatore and will reach to Katpadi 11:50 Am.
Start Time 16:20 From Katpadi and will reach to Coimbatore at 22:15.
Passing Stations: Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Jolarpettai and Katpadi Junction
Approved Trains List From Coimbatore to Mayaladuthurai Junction
Train No : 02084/12083 Coimbatore to Mayaladuthurai and Mayaladuthurai to Coimbatore (Except Tue)
Start Time 7:10 am From Coimbatore and will reach to Mayaladuthurai 13:40.
Start Time 14:50 From Mayaladuthurai and will reach to Coimbatore at 21:15.
Passing Stations: Tiruppur, Erode, Karur, Trichy, Thanjavur, Kumbakonam and Mayaladuthurai Junction
Coimbatore Railway Station : New charting, boarding rules.
1) Passengers to reach station 90 minutes in advance
2) Along with Fully confirmed and RAC passengers, partially Waitlisted Ticket holders (if in single PNR there are confirmed and WL passengers both) also allowed.
Not Allowed - Waitlisted passengers.
3) Passengers will be compulsorily screened and only those found asymptomatic will be allowed to board trains. All passengers must wear face covers/masks at the entry and during travel.
4) If during screening at the station a passenger has very high temperature/symptoms of Covid-19 etc., he shall not be allowed to travel despite having confirmed tickets. In such case full refund shall be provided to the passenger.
5) Maintaining social distance is a must all the time.
6) Use of Arogya Setu app mandatory.
7) First chart shall be prepared at least 4 hours before scheduled departure and second chart shall be prepared at least 2 hours (unlike present practice of 30 minutes) before scheduled departure.
8) No unreserved (UTS) tickets will be issued and no tickets will be issued onboard to any passenger during the journey.
9) If during screening at the station a passenger has very high temperature/symptoms of Covid-19 etc., he shall not be allowed to travel despite having confirmed tickets. In such case full refund shall be provided to passenger as under:-
On PNR having single passenger.
On a party ticket if one passenger is found unfit to travel and also all other passengers on the same PNR do not want to travel in that case full refund shall be granted for all passengers.
10) There will be no unreserved coach in the train.